There are certain words, phrases and scripture verses that get in my head and need to be displayed in my home. That’s what happened with this project. I have had Philippians 1:6 on replay in my head since mid August and I really wanted to have it on a wall hanging. This week I decided to use my Cricut and vinyl to make a word art metal wall hanging. After some trial and error, I figured it out! If you are ready to tackle something new that is relatively easy and inexpensive, then check out this DIY Word Art vinyl on metal project.
This post includes affiliate links.
DIY Word Art Vinyl on Metal
- Piece of metal to use as a base. I used an old 8×8 aluminum picture that I no longer wanted to display. You could probably find these at thrift stores or in your garage in the old picture album box.
- Black spray paint
- White iron-on vinyl
- Iron or Easy Press
- Paint over the pictures on your aluminum picture frame using black spray paint. Let it dry.
- Design your word art on your Cricut. If you want to use the Scripture I used, you can access it here.
- Print your word art on vinyl (don’t forget to mirror the image!)
- Weed out the excess vinyl
- Position on the black frame and use your iron or Easy Press to apply the vinyl
- Carefully pull off the liner and check your finished product
- Hang on the wall and enjoy
- Now the last thing I see every day as I walk out the door is the reminder from Philippians 1:6!
He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it!
Next I want to try ironing vinyl on wood. I have some pallets in the barn that I am really curious about! Stay tuned for the next experiment!
Do you have a Cricut machine and need inspiration of what to create next? Check out this easy tutorial to personalize a water bottle with vinyl!