Heading to Washington DC and planning to stay right outside the city in Springfield, Virginia? We recently returned from a road trip and stayed at the Homewood Suites in Springfield. We rode the METRO into the city each day and then came back out of the city each evening for supper. Here are three great restaurant options for you to check out if you are in the area!
Affiliate links are included.
Springfield Virginia Restaurant Guide
Mike’s American Grill
Mike’s American Grill is delicious and a perfect splurge for the week! It is a bit pricey for a family dinner but the food was delicious and the atmosphere made the meal memorable.
- Tip: I highly recommend that you call ahead and make reservations. This is a very popular restaurant for dinner and you will almost certainly have a wait time unless you make a reservation.
- We were seated upstairs with a nice view of the restaurant below. The service was stellar and the food hot and delicious.
- This is a family-friendly restaurant. It is a bit of a step up from typical family restaurants but there are no formal dress requirements.
- When you finish your meal, you will feel like you have dined in style and had an experience, not just a meal.
6210 Backlick Road
Springfield, VA 22150
Bob & Edith’s Diner
Bob & Edith’s diner is a great diner with family friendly prices. It is open 24 hours a day and offers a wide selection of typical diner style food. The food was served hot and fresh on our visit.
Bob & Edith’s Diner is a dining institution with 3 locations, 2 in Arlington, VA & 1 in Springfield, VA. Serving all of the best diner classics in a cozy diner setting…, our menu has everything you could possibly want in a diner experience.
The diner is located close to the hotel and gives you the feeling of stepping back in time to a typical diner experience – complete with the barstools and decor.
Visit our 3 Locations!
2 in Arlington, VA
1 in Springfield, VA
Open 24 hours | 7 days a week
Noodles & Company
This is a great family-friendly, casual dining experience perfect for a family with different tastes for noodles. We were able to order pasta alfredo, steak stroganoff, pad Thai, and Korean. This is a great place when everyone loves noodles but not everyone wants the same thing.
Casual dining room atmosphere but real bowls so you feel like you’re eating a real meal not fast food.
You can even order a glass of wine with your noodles if you choose.
There’s an e-club you can join for discounts.
7020 Old Keene Mill Rd.
Springfield, VA 22150
Heading to Washington DC? Check out these other helpful articles to help you plan your visit.
- 20 Things to See Near Washington DC
- How much does a trip to Washington DC cost?
- Free Walking Tour of Washington DC Monuments
Sharon Williams is a mom of 3 who loves to read, travel, take pictures, work in the flowers and spend time with family. When she’s not blogging, she’s probably out enjoying life so she’ll have something fun to blog about tomorrow!