Do you have old games with missing pieces that are just taking up space? Why not turn these classic game pieces into Christmas ornaments where you can enjoy them each year? With a few simple craft supplies and a little imagination, you can create Christmas ornaments using old game pieces.
This post includes affiliate links.
How to Create Christmas Ornaments with Game Pieces
Creating Christmas ornaments with game pieces is not rocket science. Just lay out all the game pieces you can find and start playing around. Pull out some Christmas ribbon and a few old ornaments so you can use the hooks as needed. You might find that you start having so much fun, that you just keep coming up with more ideas.
There are so many ornament ideas to create with old Scrabble tiles.
- Spell out the names and glue to a craft stick and decorate with a ribbon or bell.
- Spell out Jingle, Peace, or Let it Snow.
- Use your imagination and create something that connects you and your family.
- Use the Scrabble letter tray to create Scrabble Tile Ornaments
Dominos Christmas Ornaments
- Create Snowmen: Add ribbon for a scarf and a marker to draw eyes, nose, and buttons. Glue a piece of ribbon in a triangle for a toboggan.
- Create packages: Add red ribbon to create Christmas presents.
- Tip: Click a paper clip in half and hot glue to the backside of the domino for a hook.
Dice Christmas Ornaments
- Stack three dice on top of each other and wrap with a ribbon and bow on top
- Take a hook off a Christmas ornament glass ball and glue it on a dice for a simple decoration.
Puzzle Pieces, Sorry & Candy Land
I’ve seen people use puzzle pieces to create picture frames, candy canes, wreaths or trees. You can leave them as they are, or apply some paint to make them your desired color.
If your child has outgrown Sorry or Candy Land, maybe you could use those pieces with a simple hook or ribbon. You could even get plastic ornament balls and make a game inside with your favorite pieces.
Have you ever used game pieces to create Christmas Ornaments? What’s your favorite idea? I’d love to see what you create!
Looking for other simple holiday ideas? Check out these super easy Mason Jar Christmas gifts that you can create with just a few minutes of time and some simple candies!