Often at night when the family turns on a movie, I pull out my computer and work on my blog or a site for a friend. But sometimes, it’s really nice to just sit back, unplug and create something fun. Recently I saw how people were making simple crochet Christmas wreaths with one simple stitch and I wanted to try. These Christmas wreath ornaments look complicated but are super easy to make. I love how they turned out and am excited to try to make a few more before Christmas. Join me as I show you how to make these crochet Christmas wreath ornaments.
This post includes affiliate links.
Crochet Christmas Wreath Ornaments
Making a two-color Christmas wreath is not nearly as difficult as you might think. You simply make two curly q’s with contrasting colors, fold them together and attach the ends with your tapestry needle.
- 2 Colors of Yarn (your choice)
- Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle (for finishing)
- Chain 30
- Now comes the fun part that you really don’t believe will work – but it does! Just come back down the original chain and do 4 single crochets in each loop. Your chain will quickly start to curl around itself.
- When you have two curly-qs done, simply fold them in around each other.
- Connect them with your tapestry needle
- Make a quick loop at the top to hang on the tree.
- Attach a bow or use more yarn to make a quick bow.
Christmas Tree Crochet Ornaments
Here’s another super easy crochet Christmas tree ornament you can make in just a few minutes!