Where can you go in Columbus, Ohio to enjoy beautiful indoor and outdoor gardens, a place for children to run and play while they stretch their imagination and amazing pieces of Chihuly glasswork? If you guessed Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, then you are correct! At Franklin Park Conservatory, you can spend a couple hours or an entire day roaming the gardens and enjoying the beauty of nature!
This post includes affiliate links. Hobbies on a Budget received tickets for the purpose of this post.
Franklin Park Conservatory & Botanical Gardens
Franklin Park Conservatory & Botanical Gardens is a place created for imagination, inspiration and discovery. Whether you are a young child ready to play in the Children’s Garden or an adult who is more interested in strolling through the different biomes enjoying the lush nature, topiaries and glasswork, you are sure to find your favorite place here in Columbus.
Chihuly on Display
We are fascinated by the work of American light and glass artist, Dale Chihuly. The Franklin Park Conservatory has an extensive permanent collection of his works on display throughout the facilities.
When you first arrive at the Conservatory, you can enjoy a small formal gallery with some of these exquisite pieces of glass art.
Then, as you tour the Gardens and different exhibits be on the lookout for Chihuly pieces. You can find them hanging above the gardens or nestled in the foliage.
The Children’s Garden
The Children’s Garden is a place where you want to be a kid. You can create your own puppet show, explore instruments, build a fairy garden or play hide and seek in the pumpkin house.
Walk along the outside gardens and enjoy the flamingos and public artwork.
Things to Know
- Parking is Free
- Check for discounts when you arrive (AAA, Student, local resident discounts certain days etc)
- Strollers and wheelchairs are allowed in most areas; Check for a few places that are not accessible.
- There are wheelchairs available on a first come, first serve basis. Check availability when you arrive.
- The Conservatory is large and requires extensive walking but there are many places to sit and appreciate the beauty around you while you visit.
- Outside food is not permitted but you may carry in your bottle of water or light snacks for the kids in your stroller.
Where to Find:
1777 E Broad St
Columbus, OH 43203
Looking for something else to do near Columbus? Check out the Concrete Field of Corn in Dublin – just minutes north!