You all know how much I love working in my gardens, playing in my flower beds, and trying to grow vegetables in my little greenhouse. Recently, we spent a few hours in the State Garden in Athens, Georgia, and I am trying to convince my husband that I need to up my game. The UGA State Botanical Garden is one of those places that just feeds your soul. If you are traveling near Athens, Georgia, this is a must-stop destination! And the price is great too – It’s FREE!
This post includes affiliate links.
UGA State Botanical Garden – Athens, Georgia
We arrived just 10 minutes before the inside gardens closed so we didn’t get to spend much time indoors. But what we did see just made us want to go back and explore more.
Take your time and enjoy the beauty, the flowers, and the fun places to take pictures.
Whether you are a garden lover, plant enthusiast, or just love to find peaceful places to walk and think, the UGA State Botanical Garden is a beautiful vacation spot.
The State Botanical Garden of Georgia is a botanical garden of 313 acres operated by the University of Georgia. There are multiple gardens with different focuses as well as several miles of walking trails over the property and a spacious play area for kids and those young at heart!
Things to Know:
- Admission and Parking are free!
- Restrooms are available inside.
- Even though the indoor gardens and displays may be closed, the outdoor gardens and walking trails stay open for several more hours.
- Many of the paths are paved and easily accessible for strollers or wheelchairs.
- The children’s garden is not just for kids. Trust me on this one!
Find the Garden
State Botanical Garden of Georgia
2450 S. Milledge Avenue
Athens, GA 30605