Do your kids ever get scared of the dark? When we have storms coming in, we often give the kids a flashlight near their bed so they will have light if the power goes out. But where do you put a flashlight? On the floor? On a night table? how about in a special holder designed to keep the flashlight handy even if it’s pitch black? Here’s how to turn an old necktie into a flashlight holder.
Looking for other ideas for recycling old neckties? Turn an old tie into a bookmark – no sewing required!
Turn an old TIE into a Flashlight Holder
Turning an old necktie into a flashlight holder is a super simple project.
- Tuck the end of the necktie back up through the label forming a pocket.
- Use a needle and thread to secure the sides of the tie.
- Slide a flashlight inside the new pocket.
- Stretch the necktie under the mattress so it will hang right at the edge of the mattress.
- Now you will never have to dig for a flashlight if the power goes out.
- Problem solved!
What project can you think of to upcycle an old necktie? I’d love to hear!