We eat a lot of apples in our house but don’t often get to pick them from the trees ourselves. Since this is apple season, we took some time to drive up to Huber Orchard just north of Louisville and pick our own apples and experience some outdoor fun. It is starting to look like Fall even if the temperatures are still in the 90’s. Planning a visit to Huber Orchard? Here are some things to know.
This post includes affiliate links.
Things to Know: Huber Orchard
My family has been going to Huber Farm for many years. Just a couple of years ago, my Mom and (then) 96-year-old Grandma went to pick out a pumpkin and ride the wagon. Read more about their adventure to Huber Orchard here.
Depending on when you visit Huber, you may pay a small fee to ride the wagon but right now there is no charge to ride out to the apple orchard or pumpkin patch. The wagons run every 10-15 minutes so if you miss one, its a short wait for the next. Stay out and pick your apples or pumpkin as long as you want. You can just take the next wagon you are ready to return.
When you are ready, just get in line so you can ride the wagon out to the apple orchard or pumpkin patch. You can pick as many apples as you want. They are typically priced per pound and weighed when you get back to the farm market.
Take your time and look for the perfect apples. Not sure which apples are the best? Just pick some of each variety!
Pumpkin prices vary depending on their size and weight. There is a minimum charge and then you pay per pound. If you prefer to pick a pumpkin at the market, you can skip the wagon ride and spend more time in the market and cafe.
You can buy apple flavored ice cream, apple pies, apple muffins, apple butter, caramel apples and every variety of apples you can imagine.
Things to Know:
- This experience is for all ages – not just for kindergarten field trips.
- Take a bottle of water in case you decide to stay out in the orchard longer.
- Restrooms are available before you go on the wagon ride.
- Parking is free.
- There is some limited walking from the parking area to the main market.
- Strollers are fine in the market area but you should check before going on the wagon ride.
- There are several places to buy lunch whether you are interested in sandwiches, ice cream or more.
- There is no admission fee. You only pay for what you purchase and pick.
Find Huber Orchard
19816 Huber Rd
Borden, IN 47106