We enjoy eating Shrimp Scampi when we go out to eat but have never fixed it at home till this past weekend. I had frozen shrimp in the freezer, and pasta in the cabinet. I decided to find an easy recipe and create something tasty for our family dinner. I found this Emeril Lagasse recipe for shrimp scampi, made a few tweaks and started cooking.
15 Minutes Shrimp Scampi
There are millions of recipes for shrimp scampi online. I took the basic recipe, but then branched out. My experiment turned out to be quite tasty.
- Fresh Garlic
- 2-3 Green Onions
- 1 Bag of Frozen Cooked Shrimp
- Olive Oil
- a dash of Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 TBSP Butter
- For full recipe directions: see the official recipe from Emeril Lagasse http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/shrimp-scampi-recipe.html
- Saute shrimp in olive oil
- Add choppped green onions and garlic
- Add lemon juice (about 1/2 cup)
- Add Chicken broth (or white wine if you want to go by the recipe)
- Add butter and parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over pasta (or rice)
Have you ever fixed shrimp scampi? What do you add to make it perfect? I’d love to hear your tips!