Looking for an easy but tasty chicken recipe for your family? My Mom has made this Poppyseed Chicken for many years. This is a great recipe to fix ahead of time and have waiting in the refrigerator. You can then pop it in the oven when you’re ready to start cooking.
- 5 lbs chicken breast
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 3-4 rolls Ritz crackers
- 2 TBS poppyseed
- 2 sticks margarine
- Debone chicken breast, cut into small cubes, boil till cooked
- Mix cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup and sour cream
- Crush Ritz crackers
- Melt 2 sticks margarine
- Mix crackers, margarine and poppyseed
- Layer crackers on bottom of pan
- Cover with chicken filling
- Top with crackers
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour until golden brown
How to make Poppyseed Chicken
Making Poppyseed chicken is a simple project. Just gather the basic ingredients, cook the chicken breast and combine the ingredients.
Tip: Crush the Ritz crackers while still inside the package. You can use a rolling pin or just crush them. Once they are finely crushed, you can add them to the bowl.
Layer the ingredients and bake for about an hour till golden brown. Serve hot. If you have leftovers, serve the next day. This dish tastes great warmed up as well!
Thanks Mom for sharing this recipe over the years! It’s a family favorite!
Have you ever made this recipe? I’d love to hear how you customize this for your family!