Are your kids ready for Valentines Day? Have they brought home their class list with all the students name? Are you planning to go to the store and just buy printed Valentines Cards? If you are looking for some fun ideas for making Valentines Day Cards, we’ve got you covered. Here is a simple way to turn old cards into a fun pop up Valentine Card!
How to Make Pop Up Valentines Day Cards
If you have seen fancy pop up books or cards in the store but don’t know how to make them yourself, I’ve got a super easy project for you. If you can use scissors to cut 2 straight lines, you can create some fun pop up effects. Here’s how to reuse some old Valentines Cards from previous years and recycle them into something fun for the kids.
- Cut a rectangle shape for your card.
- Cut 2 small slits in the fold of the card. (About 1/2 an inch is a good place to start.)
- Fold the flap inside the card so it makes a little box shape inside your card.
- Cut out a character or animal from an old Valentine Card
- Glue the character to the box shape inside the card.
- Now you have a basic pop up card.
- Experiment with different size slits to make your pop ups come alive closer to the front or farther back on the card.
- Try adding in a 2nd or 3rd slit to create multiple pop up characters
Turn the Pop up card into a book
You can even create a pop up card book by gluing several of the cards together. Just trim the cards to the same size and glue them back to back.
How to Make Valentines Day Cards by Kids
A few years ago, the kids had a card making party with some friends. I love their tips for making Valentines Cards.
How will you decorate and create Valentines Day cards with your kids this year? I’d love to see some of your fun creativity at work!