Last week I was cleaning out the basement and found some old broken mini-blinds that needed to be tossed. But I hate to throw something away if it can be upcylced into something useful and fun. I experimented with several ideas and ended up creating these super easy plant markers using scrap mini blinds. Dress them up or keep them simple – it’s up to you!
This post includes affiliate links.
Plant Markers with Scrap Mini Blinds
- Old broken Vinyl Mini Blinds
- Cricut and Vinyl (optional)
- Sharpie Marker
- Cut the mini blinds into markers about 6 inch long wth a point on the end
- Use a Sharpie to label the plant markers
- OR use your Cricut and vinyl to print plant labels for each marker
Tip: Cut extras and leave blank markers and a shparie in your greenhouse or with your garden supplies so you will be ready next time you plant new seeds.
Now you can keep your plants clearly labeled while also keeping trash out of the dump! Win-Win!
Bonus idea: Create a set and use these plant markers for a Christmas gift for the gardener on your list! You could include them in a basket with some seeds and a new planter!