It’s getting close to Mother’s Day which means it’s time to celebrate the Moms that mean the world to us! With a few alphabet buttons, paint, a wooden cutout, and some fishing line you can create a suncatcher that will celebrate the gift of family! This Memory SunCatcher is a perfect craft project for all skill levels. You simply paint the word, thread the buttons and tie a few knots. Let’s celebrate the Moms and family we love so much!
This post includes affiliate links.
How to Create a Memory SunCatcher
Our core family consists of my parents, me and my 2 siblings, our spouses, and the kids! We are 18 in number. That’s a lot of people that my Mom and Dad spend time praying and thinking about on a daily basis! I wanted to find a way to keep our names in front of them anytime Mom is in the kitchen washing dishes or when she just walks past her window! I wanted to create a simple Memory Windchime featuring each of our names!
- Wooden Word – Family
- Acrylic Paint
- Fishing Line
- Letter Beads
- Decorative Buttons
- Hot Glue Gun (optional)
- Paint the wooden word
- If you want a little extra sparkle and don’t have the right paint, you can use a sparkly clear fingernail polish.
- Sort the letter beads to spell the names
- Put a knot at the end of the fishing line
- Slide each name onto the line
- Alternate the names with the handprint buttons
- Tip: to Keep the names and buttons from sliding together, just make a little knot in the fishing line along the way.
- Tie the line with the names to the wooden sign.
- Use a small suction cup to attach the suncatcher to the window.
- Wrap the individual lines in tissue paper so they don’t get tangled in the gift bag.
- Enjoy the memories of each person every time you see their names
How do you plan to celebrate Mother’s Day? I’d love to hear!