Are you in a reading rut and need something new to read as we enjoy these hot summer days? I’ve been reading alot in 2020 and have some great suggestions for new books plus a few sources to help you find a new book! Wherever you are in life, books are a great option to help stretch your mind, escape reality occasionally and learn something new.
This post includes affiliate links. Some books were received to faciliate this post.
How to Find a New Book
Sometimes I just get in a reading rut and need a new suggestion. Here are some ideas to help you find a new book to read this month!
- Ask a Friend – Find a friend who loves to read and ask them what they suggestion. Tell them what you like and don’t like and see what they suggest.
- Talk to your Librarian – People who love books often work at the library. Call or visit the library and ask them for new ideas. The more you get to know them, the better their recommendations will be!
- Whichbook.net – Whichbook enables millions of combinations of factors and then suggests books which most closely match your needs. Click to open up to 4 sliders and move the to set your choices.
- What Should I Read Next? – Enter a book you like and the site will analyse our huge database of real readers’ favorite books to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.
- Good Reads – Rate the books you read and let Good Reads make recommendations for you. Once you rate at least three books, Good Reads will be able to help you find your next book match.
New Book Recommendations:
Both Feet on the Ground
If you know me at all, you know that I am a staunch believer in the importance of being outside! I regularly work outside in my garden office and go on outdoor adventures every chance I get. This book is a great way to experience the outside world even if you are spending more time inside than out.
From the bottom of Death Valley to the top of Mount Everest, endurance athlete Marshall Ulrich has gone to extremes to connect with the outside world. In Both Feet on the Ground: Reflections from the Outside, Ulrich uses his adventures to drive home a very powerful message especially suited to today’s shelter in place orders: “Get out and stay out—as often and for as long as you can.”
Return of the Song
I am excited to get started reading this one! It combines my love for music/piano with a setting in my homestate Kentucky! My TBR (to be read) list is getting longer each week!)
Musical autistic savant syndrome is a fascinating, rare disorder, and rarer still is the presence of savant characters in modern prose. This mysterious condition is given a sensitive, meaningful treatment in Return of the Song, the compelling new release from Phyllis Clark Nichols that effortlessly blends a charming Southern setting with colorful characters and extraordinary circumstances.Order on Amazon.com
House Plant Party
I love reading through books about gardening and growing plants and this one does all that! But it also includes detailed projects and crafty projects to help display and grow my indoor plants. I’ve got my eye on the plant stakes using a recyled table knife and Scrabble letters!
In Houseplant Party you’ll discover dozens of amazing, easy-to-care-for houseplants that are a perfect fit for your desk, windowsill, bedside table, or bathroom vanity. From peace lilies and ponytail palms to fairy washboards, air plants, and Venus fly traps, author and houseplant guru Lisa Eldred Steinkopf has your back with easy-to-follow houseplant advice and insight.Order on Amazon.com
But Houseplant Party isn’t just about taking care of plants. It’s also about decorating with plants. Featuring several step-by-step plans for creative projects, including:
- A creative test tube wall planter
- A knotted plant hanger using recycled fabric or an old t-shirt
- A wooden trellis to train climbing plants to grow on your wall and ceiling
- A beautifully trained and pruned bonsai plant
What books are you reading right now? I’m finishing up Harry Potter #1 (again) and then I’m starting through this list of three books! But I’m always open to new suggestions! Send me your favorite current read so I can check it out too!
Need tips to help keep your kids reading? Check this out!
Enter to WIN a Copy of Houseplant PartyHouseplant Party Book Giveaway