Over the past few seasons, I have been experimenting with homemade, homegrown decoration ideas. While we were out on the farm a few weeks ago, I found a long grapevine and pulled it down to create a homemade wreath for my garage door. With just a few other branches from one of my cedar trees and a few other simple supplies, I created a homemade rustic winter wreath. If you are ready to try a simple wreath from natural materials, then this project is for you.
This post includes affiliate links.
Homemade Rustic Winter Wreath
If you know me very well at all, you know that my idea of a perfect day is time spent hiking all over the farm. I love finding new flowers, trees, hidden alcoves under the cedar trees, and following deer trails. On one particular day, my son and I were exploring the woods and I saw this perfect grapevine just begging to be turned into a wreath. We pulled it down and I took it home for my rustic winter wreath.
- Cut cedar branches
- Burlap or ribbon of your choice
- Twist ties or wire
- Cut a grapevine and create the desired shape. Use twist ties or gardening wire to hold the shape.
- Weave cedar or pine branches into the wreath shape.
- Tuck in berries or pinecones to accent your natural wreath.
- Use burlap ribbon to create a bow. (optional)
- Hang on your door with a command hook or over the door wreath hanger.
There’s really no right or wrong way to create a natural wreath like this. Just use what you have and enjoy the individual look of each creation. I tucked in a little whimsical snowman as a nod to all the snow we’ve had the past week.
Have you ever made a wreath using grapevines? I’d love to see your finished product and hear your stories.