Do you love fresh cranberry juice but hate paying full price in the store? This is the perfect season to buy fresh cranberries and make your own juice. Just boil the berries, strain the juice, and process in the canner for about 15 minutes. This is a great option that lets you control the amount of sugar in your juice and save some money at the same time.
This post includes affiliate links.
Homemade Cranberry Juice
- Cranberries (frozen or fresh)
- Boiling Water
- Water bath canner
- Canning jars
- Sugar (optional)
- Small strainer (optional)
Fill a large pot with cranberries and cover with water.
- Boil until the cranberries start to pop and release their juice into the pot.
- Drain off the juice and repeat the process several times until the cranberries are just mush.
- Strain the juice and pour into jars.
Process pints in a water bath canner for 15 minutes. Now I have fresh cranberry juice to enjoy all year long.
Do you love cranberry juice? Would you prefer it with sugar or just let it stay natural and tart?