I have grown up enjoying a special dessert at most holiday meals. My Mom can make the best Chocolate Chip Cake in the world. She inherited this recipe from my Grandmother and it is always a treat. I have to admit that I can’t make it quite like Mom, but it sure is yummy!
Here’s how to make my Grandmother’s Chocolate Chip Cake!
Grandmother’s Chocolate Chip Cake
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Large Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Bar
- Chocolate Chips
- Empty yellow cake mix into bowl
- Add 4 eggs
- Add 1 stick melted margarine + vegetable oil to equal 1 cup
- Add 1 Bar Grated Chocolate (German Sweet)
- Add 1 Large Box instant vanilla pudding
- Add 1 package Chocolate Chips
- Add 1 Cup Milk
- Grease pan thoroughly
- Bake 65 Minutes at 350 degrees
- Sprinkle Powdered Sugar to Taste
The recipe calls for grated German Sweet chocolate. I tried a Hershey’s Dark Chocolate bar and it tasted fine, but probably needs the baking chocolate to help the consistency of the cake. You can find the German Sweet Chocolate bar in the baking aisle.
Have you ever made a Chocolate Chip Cake? Got any favorite twists on this delicious recipe? I’d love to hear!
I am participating in a Recipe “Round Robin” where several of my blogger friends are sharing our favorite recipe! My favorite recipe is definitely this Chocolate Chip Cake. Once you finish reading and planning your chocolate chip cake, hop over to my friend Megan who is sharing her favorite Banana Nut Muffins!