One of my favorite desserts growing up was Grandmother Glen’s Chocolate Chip Cake. This ooey, gooey, chocolate cake has been a staple at our Christmas gatherings for many years. This past week, I decided it was time to bring out Grandmother’s recipe card and create this for the family. If you love chocolate, then this Chocolate Chip Cake is a definite must-try for your next dessert dish!
This post includes affiliate links.
Grandmother’s Chocolate Chip Cake
This is the easiest cake mix ever! Just mix up the ingredients, chop a chocolate bar and cook for about an hour!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 bar grated chocolate (German sweet)
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick melted butter + vegetable oil to equal 1 cup
- Confectioner sugar
- Bundt cake pan preferred (but if you don’t have one, you can use another cake pan)
- Grate or chop 1 German sweet chocolate bar
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add eggs and 1 cup milk
- Add1 stick melted butter + vegetable oil to equal 1 cup
- Stir till mixed well
- Gently coat chocolate chips with about 1 cup of confectioner sugar (save confectioner sugar to use later on cooked cake)
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Bake for approximately one hour at 350°
- Cake is done when toothpick is clean when inserted
Sprinkle with confectioner sugar and serve hot or save for later. Either way, this chocolate chip cake is delicious and sure to be a hit!