One of the favorite parts of setting up our Christmas tree each year is retelling the stories about each ornament. Remember this one? Grandma made it the year I was born! You made this one in kindergarten! Grandmother O made this one out of an old camera lightbulb…. and the stories go on. Handmade ornaments just help keep the family traditions alive and growing from year to year. If you are looking for some super easy Christmas ornaments to make this year, why not try creating something special with leather. Here are some super fun Ornaments using scrap leather and your imagination!
This post includes affiliate links!
DIY Leather Christmas Ornaments
Scrap Leather Christmas Tree Ornaments
I was given a bucket of scrap leather recently and have so many ideas of what to create with these pieces so I started searching Pinterest for ideas to help me get inspired. I decided to make a scrap leather Christmas tree ornament.
- Scraps of Leather cut into squares of different sizes
- Craft Needle
- Hole Punch
- Cut your scrap leather into squares of varying sizes
- Use a hole punch to cut holes in the center of each square
- Tie a knot in the bottom of the largest square
- Start stringing each square and build the tree up
- When you get to the top of your tree, tie another loop so you can hang it on your Christmas tree
- Trim the squares to form the shape you want for your leather Christmas tree ornament
Make one for your home tree or make several to share as Christmas gift tags or to decorate your family and friend’s trees!
Looking for other ideas for Christmas ornaments? Check out these fun ideas using leather and faux leather!
Have you made any ornaments using leather? I’d love to see and be inspired to use my scrap bucket of leather!