We love collecting souvenirs from the places we visit so I decided that I should make crocheted toilet paper souvenirs that will help us all remember the ‘great quarantine of 2020’. I started out making a couple to see what they looked like and ended up making enough to share with friends and family members to be used as Christmas ornaments. These simple ornaments only take about 15 minutes to make and will make us laugh for years to come.
This post includes affiliate links.
Crocheted Toilet Paper Souvenirs
- White Yarn
- Crochet Hook (4.5 MM)
- Rubber twist tie or jute twine
- Tapestry Needle
- Cricut and suede for labels (or any other label maker to add the year)
- Start a chain with 5 loops
- Add a loop to make your turn and single crochet 5 stitches in each row
- Continue adding rows till you have a rectangle that is 5 inches long
- Use the twist tie to make your hook and then roll the ‘toilet paper’ around the hook.
- Weave your ends into the roll of ‘toilet paper’ to secure it around the hook
Add a Label
I used the Cricut to cut simple labels and attached them with a drop of glue.
Send to family and friends now to make them smile or store them back to share at Christmas time.
I can’t decide if this is a genius ornament idea to commemorate the crazy times we live in or just a silly hobby project. Either way, since I love miniatures, I think these turned out cute.
What do you think? Are you going to make any crocheted toilet paper Christmas ornaments? If you do, take a picture and share them with me!
Looking for another project to do while you’re in stay at home mode? Why not create your own directional sign?