I don’t typically make beautiful desserts that look good enough to share with the world, but this past week I made this super easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie from a recipe on the Pillsbury website and it turned out perfect! I couldn’t wait to share this yummy dessert with you today!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
If I can turn out something this pretty and delicious, then anybody can make it!
The ingredients and directions are simple and straightforward. I bet this would be really good with chocolate chips sprinkled in the topping as well!
- Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Cream Cheese
- Confectioner Sugar
- Cool Whip topping
- Hershey’s syrup
- Peanut Butter
- Press the chocolate chip cookie dough into a pie plate and bake till done.
- Once the cookies are done, set the pan aside and let it completely cool.
- While cookies are baking, do these next steps.
- Add 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup milk and 1/2 cup of peanut butter to the softened cream cheese and mix till completely smooth.
- Stir in a tub of cool whip topping.
- Pour the topping mix on top of the baked, cooled cookies.
- Let sit in the refrigerator overnight for best success.
- Top with crushed peanuts, Hershey’s syrup and extra spoonful of whipped topping.
3 tips for Successful Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
I often take shortcuts and end up sabotaging my efforts in the kitchen. Here are 3 tips to make sure your Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie turns out perfect!
Cream the topping Completely
This is one place you don’t want to get in a hurry. Make sure you cream the topping completely so that there are no lumps of cream cheese in your pie! And remember – cream cheese will work best when you let it soften on the counter before you start to add the rest of the toppings.
Crush the nuts yourself
You can buy the peanuts already crushed or just buy the large jar of peanuts and crush them yourself. This is definitely going to save you money!
Don’t eat it too soon!
This is a pie that gets better after it sits in the refrigerator overnight. But… I’m no monster. I wasn’t about to let the kids (or myself) not get to enjoy the dessert while the extra cookies were still hot! Feel free to eat it immediately, but make sure you serve it with a spoon!
Have you ever made chocolate chip cookie pie? Got any tips?
47th Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest
Are you a talented home cooks or baker? If so, your creativity in the kitchen could land you a spot to compete for $1 million and other prizes in the 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest!
Original recipes may be submitted online at BakeOff.com now through May 8, 2014. The Bake-Off® Kitchens will evaluate all eligible entries and choose the top 100 recipes to compete at the 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest Finals at the Omni Nashville Hotel on November 3, 2014.
For more information and official rules, please visit BakeOff.com.