Yesterday, our family was able to visit Breyerfest 2013 at the Kentucky Horsepark in Lexington. We have visited the Horsepark many times in the past few years but this was our first visit to Breyerfest. Sometimes pictures are the best way to see what an event is all about. Here’s some of our experiences so you will know what to expect. We received discount tickets to attend Breyerfest 2013. All opinions are our own.
Breyerfest 2013 Exprerience
Double Dan and his team of horses was a treat to watch.
Things to Know
- Breyerfest is for collectors and Breyer fans. If you collect the Breyer horses, you will be in paradise. There are opportunities to buy exclusive characters, get your picture with the original horses and even get your model signed.
- Be prepared to stand in lines if you want to get your models signed. This is a popular activity at Breyerfest.
- If you want to relax in the Covered Arena, you can watch a steady stream of horses of all kinds on parade. The arena is a cooler venue and allows you to enjoy the variety of horses without being out in the heat under the sun.
- The horses are usually available for pictures and petting before and after they enter the arena. This is a great chance for you to get up close and enjoy the various horse breeds.
- Plan to take water bottles or snacks in a backpack or cooler. It was hot!
- Take advantage of the kids crafts and activity areas.
- The Petting zoo and pony rides are FREE.
- Camel Rides cost an additional $5.00.
- Make sure you visit the museums at the Horsepark after you finish with the Breyerfest events. They are included with your tickets!
FREE Day at the Horsepark
If you are in the Lexington area, then don’t miss this FREE Day at the Horsepark – Saturday, July 27, 2013! Each year they offer a special FREE day called Hats Off Day KY.
Hats Off to Kentucky’s Horse Industry Day is a celebration of the horse and its impact on the state of Kentucky. The day offers fun family activities including arts and crafts for children, pony rides, interactive educational booths, thrilling equestrian competition, and it’s all free! Hats Off Day is the only day of the year an entire family can enjoy the Kentucky Horse Park and all it has to offer, at no cost!
Have you ever attended Breyerfest? I’d love to hear your favorite part!
I received discount admission for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.