Blue Jean Flannel Rag Quilt Week 3
Did you get your flannel and blue jean squares sewed last week? Now it’s time for week 3 assignment. Today we’re going to sew the squares together, make our rows and start snipping the raw edges. I love how quickly this week’s project takes us from random squares to the start of a finished quilt!
This post contains affiliate links.
Blue Jean & Flannel Rag Quilt – Week 3
This week you will take each of your squares that you quilted with the X and start attaching them together in rows.
- Blue Jeans/Flannel Squares
- Sewing Machine
- Gather your blue jeans and flannel squares.
- Lay them out in rows and then flip them to make sure you have them lined up the way you want them on both sides.
- Start sewing the denim with right sides together and create your first row
- Once you have your first row connected, start adding each row one at a time
- Once you have your topper assembled, use scissors to trim the edges
Right now, I’m out of the light color blue jean material, so I am in a hold pattern until I clean out the winter clothes and find another pair of jeans that the family has outgrown. But that’s ok, I’ll finish snipping what I have and then be ready to finish up this blue jean & flannel rag quilt.
Have you ever made a rag quilt using denim and flannel? Any tips as others are moving through the process to create their rag quilt?
Need to catch up on the first two steps of your blue jean / flannel rag quilt? Are you making this quilt with me? I’d love to see your pictures!