Are you ready to head to the beach house and enjoy some time on the sandy beaches? Or maybe you just want to cook like you are at a summer house nestled down on the beaches of the ocean. Here is a great cookbook filled with recipes guaranteed to get you in the summer mood. Everything from Cranberry Oat Scones, Boardwalk Butter Cookies, Beach Inspired Beverages to custom ice cream sandwiches. Beach House Baking: An Endless Summer of Delicious Desserts is a beautiful hardback cookbook that will get you ready for summer cooking.
Hobbies on a Budget received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review.
Beach House Baking Cookbook
In Beach House Baking: An Endless Summer of Delicious Desserts, pastry chef Lei Shishak shares her most popular recipes for morning treats, cupcakes, crisps, cookies, pies, ice cream sandwiches, frozen pops, and beverages from her celebrated Sugar Blossom Bake Shop in the charming beach town of San Clemente, California.
About the Author
Lei Shishak is an established pastry chef who trained at the CIA in New York and has worked at restaurants in Sun Valley and Los Angeles. Her formative years were spent working as Michael Mina’s pastry chef at the Stonehill Tavern at the St. Regis Monarch Beach in Dana Point, California. She has been featured in People, Riviera Magazine, Sunset Magazine, Coast, the Los Angeles Daily News, Fine Living, and many more media outlets. She resides in Dana Point, California.
Pumpkin Beach Ball Whoopie Pies
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 TBS (3/4 stick) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup can pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 C half-and-half
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 c heavy cream, chilled
- 6 TBS sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, colored sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line pan with parchment paper
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt; set aside
- Cream butter and brown sugar on med speed for 1 minute
- Add pumpkin and continue mixing until combined.
- Add egg, half and half, and vanilla
- Mix on med speed for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the flour mixture on low speed
- Scoop the dough onto the cookie tray
- Press down dough slightly with palm.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes
- Set aside to cool
- MAKE THE MOUSSE:
- whip the heavy cream and sugar to medium peaks
- Transfer the whipped cram to a small bowl and set aside
- Add cream cheese and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl, beat till smooth
- Vigorously whisk in the whipped cream
- Transfer the mousse to a piping bag.
- Pipe a dollop of filling in the center of one cookie and sandwich with another; pressing down gently
- Coat the edges of the pies with colored sprinkles and garnish with powdered sugar
Buy Beach House Baking from Amazon: