I’ve now been the product owner of the Aerogarden 6 since for about 6 months. I’ve been asked my many friends and family members whether it is working for me. My answer is that I LOVE it! All winter long, we have enjoyed watching our cascading petunias grow and bloom. Initially I had it in on my kitchen counter but it soon outgrew the space I had planned for it.
Now my cascading petunias occupy the small end table beside my couch. This offers me a burst of sunlight all winter long. Even when the weather is cold or rainy, I’ve got bright sunshine and blooming flowers!
Aerogarden Product Follow Up
The Aerogarden has allowed me the opportunity to have a year round gardening experience right in my living area. Take a look at the growth of these petunias.
Love watching the #aerogarden grow! The cascading petunias are beautiful! #wintergarden #miraclegro #flowers #flower #petal #petals #nature #beautiful #love #pretty #plants #blossom #sopretty #spring #summer #flowerstagram #flowersofinstagram #flowerslovers #botanical #floral #florals #insta_pick_blossom #flowermagic #instablooms #bloom #blooms #botanical #floweroftheday
Things to Know about the Aerogarden
- The larger your flowers grow, the more water you will need to add.
- Keep the light as close to the flowers as possible. As they grow, then you can raise the light.
- About every two weeks, you will see a flashing light reminding you to add nutrients.
- The water and motor run constantly
- The light will set its own cycle. At first it will run for about 17 hours on and then cycle off. As the flowers grow, it will adjust to a different schedule.
- If the light comes on at the wrong time, then you can reset the start time by unplugging the unit and plugging it back in at the right time you want the light to start.
For Christmas this past year, we bought the Aerogarden 3 for my Mom and Grandma. My Grandma just turns 95 and loves her flowers. It was perfect timing when her petunias started to bloom right on her 95th birthday! My Mom just sent me this picture of how Grandma’s Aerogarden 3 is looking in her kitchen!
Have you tried an Aerogarden unit? What is your favorite part about this way of growing indoor flowers? I’d love to hear!