On day 3 of our Midwest Road Trip, we spent the day in Wisconsin Dells. And of course, when you visit the Dells, you have to take a ride on the Original Wisconsin Dells Duck Tour! Our day was filled with blue skies and gorgeous fall weather! Ride along with us and see why you need to sign up for this tour on your next road trip!
Hobbies on a Budget received tickets or discounts for the purpose of this post.
Original Wisconsin Dells Duck Tour
Have you been following our Midwest Road Trip? We did 7 states in 7 days. Wisconsin Dells was day 3! We discovered that the Dells is full of amusement parks, shows, attractions and waterparks!
Original Wisconsin Ducks is easy to find. They’re located right across from the Trojan Horse!
Your Duck tour begins with a brief safety overview and then you are off and ready for the adventure. Each tour lasts about an hour and takes you over land and then down the Wisconsin River and back over to Lake Delton.
The views overland are beautiful and the easy-going banter of the tour guide driver keep the trip moving along.
When it’s time to splashdown into the Wisconsin River, be ready for a little splash. But when you splashdown the second time in Lake Delton, the splash is even more fun!
The day we were there, we enjoyed the gorgeous blue skies and beginning fall colors.
Original Wisconsin Ducks® is the ONLY duck tour in the world in continuous operation since 1946.
In 1946, the world’s first Duck tour was launched. While other Duck rides have come and gone, only ORIGINAL WISCONSIN DUCKS® has been delivering FUN and ADVENTURE on LAND and WATER, NON-STOP, ever since! The CLASSIC DUCK TOUR splashes into the WISCONSIN RIVER and LAKE DELTON, climbs over SAND BARS, traverses over four miles of EXCLUSIVE SCENIC WILDERNESS TRAILS, and has been thrilling passengers for 70 YEARS and counting, DON’T FALL FOR DECOYS, ride THE ORIGINAL! Tours daily, mid-March thru mid-November.
Things to Know
- The tour lasts about an hour.
- There are life jackets on the boat in case they are needed.
- There are two ‘splashdowns’ where you enter the water.
- You could potentially get a little spray on the splashdown. The middle is the best place to sit if you don’t want to get wet.
- The guide gives a running commentary and keeps you entertained on the trip.
- Tips are not required but recommended and accepted.
- You have the opportunity to purchase a souvenir packet of postcards and history booklet while on your tour.
- Dress appropriately. It may be cooler on the water than you expect.
Find Original Wisconsin Duck Tour
1890 Wisconsin Dells Parkway (Hwy 12)
Across from the Trojan Horse
Planning a road trip in Wisconsin? Check out the Jelly Belly Warehouse Tour in Pleasant Prairie!