If you come to visit us and spend the evening, chances are that we will spend some time down by the creek with a campfire and probably a cookout with s’mores. We love spending time outside to wrap up our day and now with the weather starting to get cooler and Halloween coming up soon, I thought it would be fun to show you how to host a Fall Family Cookout!
This post sponsored by Oriental Trading. All opinions are my own. No monetary compensation was received. Affiliate links are included.
How to Host a Fall Family Cookout
When you host a family cookout, there are some basic traditional things you need to have on hand. But when you turn your family cookout into a themed Fall/Halloween party, there are a few extra things you should add!
- Paper Supplies
- S’mores ingredients
Special Halloween Supplies
- Glow in the dark bracelets
- Light Up Decor: have you thought about bringing the classic UFO party lamp out to your cookout? Talk about a fun addition to your picnic table!
- Fiber Optic Wands
- Fall themed decor: I like having a solid black tablecloth that I can dress up for many different themes.
- A simple orange/white chevron table runner down the middle gives the table some fall color with minimal fuss.
- Add some Party Supplies in orange, black or brown and you have the Fall/Halloween color scheme down pat!
Of course, you want to have all the traditional fun snacks of a campfire with marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers.
Add some Outdoor Games
Games like Bocce, ladder ball and corn hole are great entertainment options while you are waiting for the sun to go down so you can enjoy the light up options like the glow sticks, fiber optic wands and UFO lamp!
Do you love Fall family cookouts? What is your favorite cookout activity? I’d love to hear!