Barn Quilt Trail of Boone County, Kentucky

Recently my Mom and Grandma took a day to discover the Barn Quilt Trail of Boone County, Kentucky. Here’s the highlights of their trip. Did you know that over 30 states and Canada have now begun to place quilt blocks on barns? I picked up a brochure and map from the Chamber of Commerce downtown Newport, and away we went.
friends. Mom to 3 and Nonna to 10 wonderful grandkids!

Read the full article here

Related Post

About Sharon Williams

Sharon Williams is a mom of 3 who loves to read, travel, take pictures, work in the flowers and spend time with family. When she's not blogging, she's probably out enjoying life so she'll have something fun to blog about tomorrow!

Comments

1. says

Wow! This is totally interesting. My mom, Aunt and sister all quilt and do many wonderful things with the products of their labor. When I find something unique that is happening as a result of quilting, I am always intrigued. This would be a great day trip to take with my own children or with the 7/8 or 4th graders with whom I volunteer. I am going to share this with them next week!

2. says

I love the laid back and old style place, it seems to me that it’s very peaceful and relaxing to be there.

wow! that general store has a lot of thing in it.

3. says

That is so cool and looks like you had alot of fun! I love the general store. We used to have a store like that up by us, but all of them closing down around here…

4. Nicole A. says

Living on the west coast now these pictures really remind me of home. The barns, the grass, country. Makes me miss it!

5. says

I love this! We have an old house with an attached barn that I have always wanted to paint a Lonesome Star quilt block on, unfortunately it hasn’t been done. But it is on my list! Great post thanks for sharing!

6. says

Now this sounds like my kind of adventure! What fun to check out all those quilt blocks and talk to the local folks. I would love to spend a day doing that! Not sure my kids would enjoy it as much as I would though LOL