25 Homemade Christmas Ornaments

It’s the middle of September.  That means that many people are already starting to create Christmas ornaments. Our Christmas tree is like many of yours:  a mix of store bought ornaments and special ornaments made my family members throug the years.  I have an aunt that has made the entire family amazing homemade Christmas ornaments every year for as long as  I can remember.  She has used saltdough, toilet paper, glass balls, wood, beads, pom poms, foam – basically every medium I can imagine.

I started out to make an ultimate list of homemade Christmas ornaments, but soon realized that this is a huge topic.

Picture used with permission from LDS Mom to Many

20. Foam Elf with Candy
  21. T Shirt Pom Poms
  22. Pom Pom Canes and Wreaths
  23. Photo Blocks
  24. Tree Circles / Dangling Snowman, Mice with Kisses more
  25. Wax Pinecone

Special Hobbies on a Budget Opportunity:  I am looking for 1 or 2 crafters who are planning to make Christmas ornaments.  I want to feature you!  So if you are fixing to start your Christmas ornament project – let me know!  You may be the next featured hobbyist on Hobbies on a Budget!

Disclaimer and notice: I considered listing pictures of these ornament ideas. But I don’t want to take anything away from the bloggers and crafters who have made these great ornaments. There’s some great craft ideas here! Thanks hobbyist from around the globe for sharing your ideas!

Related Post

About Sharon Williams

Sharon Williams is a mom of 3 who loves to read, travel, take pictures, work in the flowers and spend time with family. When she's not blogging, she's probably out enjoying life so she'll have something fun to blog about tomorrow!

Comments

1. courtney hennagir says

oh man! i want to do so many of these now! i will definitely do the baby’s first christmas sock ornament. wow,thank you for this! so many awesome ideas.

2. Adrianne B says

What a fantastic idea! I make handmade Christmas decorations and ornaments on occasion, but not every year. It would be a great goal to craft at least one for every Christmas!

3. Shannon says

Thanks for the great ideas. I still have my son’s baby socks so the sock ornament might make its way onto our tree.

4. says

Thank you for all the great ideas! I always find a tree trimmed with homemade ornaments much nicer looking. It adds just the right touch to a family Christmas tree and they can be passed down for generations!

5. Carolyn A Colley says

thanks for sharing, I crochet some, my family tells me that I should start selling, but I’ve always just made things for family & friends

6. says

I have made these before, but we decorated the outside by putting the year on it, and on the inside a note with what we are most hoping will happen in the next year or some of your most favorite or important memories and events of the current year coming to a close. Then you can open it in years to come and have fun remembering all the things that happened or all the things you were wishing for in that particular year.

7. says

I am not the most creative person, but I love making Christmas Ornaments (thanks to Michaels Crafts Store!!) I love the holidays and love sending the ones the kids make as gifts. Never thought of seashells and I am in Florida! Thanks for the great idea.